Competition – THE AGE OF VIDEO
- To raise awareness about video art that started in Lebanon in the eighties and is growing stronger by the day.
- To honor the Lebanese filmmaker/artist Jocelyne Saab, the woman pioneer of Lebanese filmmaking.
- To foster creativity by calling on artists in the video media to participate in a video art competition.
- Screening a comprehensive selection of Jocelyne Saab’s short films.
- Calling out to creative short filmmakers, cineastes, graphic designers, animation artists, video developers to show their talent and skill to create video-clips.
- Exhibiting the competition works, offering prizes to the three best videos and certificates of participation to all.
MACAM in Alita
Artists are asked to deliver one video film made the last 24 months of one to ten minutes duration, to be delivered on a USB stick to MACAM.
The theme of the competition is THE ENVIRONMENT. Any aspect of the subject could be dealt with.
The Competition is open to serious amateurs and professionals. They have to register at MACAM or by e-mail on email@example.com.
Participation fee is $ 10.
A professional committee including art critics and experts in the field will select the three winners.
First Prize US$ 1,000
Second Prize US$ 500
Third prize US$ 250
Announcement of the competition
February– May 15, 2018
Registering in the competition at MACAM or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 6pm
Opening of the exhibition of Jocelyne Saab
Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 6pm
Deadline for the delivery of the videos to MACAM
Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 6pm
Opening of the exhibition of the Video Competition, and Award Ceremony with announcement of the Winners and Distribution of Participation Certificates